‘We are a safeguarding church and we take safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults very seriously’
We follow the 6 safeguarding commitments of the Church of England– shown below. Find out more here
- Promote a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Respond to those that may pose a present risk to others
We have a Parish Safeguarding Officer, Trevor Kendrick whose responsibility includes ensuring that everyone who has significant contact with children or vulnerable adults is properly checked and monitored. Trevor can provide advise and guidance on any safeguarding related matter.
We work closely with the police and social services when specific concerns about children or vulnerable adults arise. Our Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Beverly Huff, is available to support and advise parishes and individuals.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor can be contacted by email at email@example.com